QUICK GUIDE TO CONTENTS
- "INFORMATION WE COLLECT ON OUR PLATFORMS
- HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- SHARING OF INFORMATION
- INFORMATION WE RECEIVE FROM THIRD PARTIES
- YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS, CHOICE AND ACCESS
- ADVERTISING/BEHAVIORAL TARGETING; HOW TO OPT-OUT
- SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
- OTHER SITES
- CONSENT TO PROCESSING AND TRANSFER OF INFORMATION
- CONTACT US
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT ON OUR PLATFORMS.
Information You Provide To UsWe may collect Personal Information (information that can be used to identify you as an individual) such as your name, email, telephone number, home address, demographic information (such as zip code, age), or payment information (such as account or credit card number). The types of Personal Information we collect may vary depending on your use of the features of the Platforms. Not providing your personal data may prevent us from providing the related services outlined below. For example, we will collect your credit card number and other payment related information in connection with your purchase of products and/or services through the Platforms. We post customer testimonials/video testimonials on our Platforms which may contain personally identifiable information. We do obtain the customer's consent via email prior to posting the testimonial to post their name along with their testimonial.
Information We Collect AutomaticallyUsage Information. Whenever you visit or interact with the Platforms, we, as well as any third-party advertisers and/or service providers, may use a variety of technologies that automatically or passively collect information about how the Platforms are accessed and used ("Usage Information"). Usage Information may include browser type, device type, operating system, application version, the page served, the time, the preceding page views, and your use of features or applications on the Platforms, such as song history, interaction with friends and group activities. This information helps us keep our Platforms fresh and interesting to our visitors and allows us to tailor content to a visitor's interests. Device Identifier. We automatically collect your IP address or other unique identifier ("Device Identifier") for the Device (computer, mobile phone, tablet or other device) you use to access the Platforms. A Device Identifier is a number that is assigned to your Device when you access a website or its servers, and our computers identify your Device by its Device Identifier. We may use a Device Identifier to, among other things, administer the Platforms, help diagnose problems with our servers, analyze trends, track users' web page movements, help identify you and your shopping cart, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. Cookies; Pixel Tags. The technologies used on the Platforms to collect Usage Information, including Device Identifiers, include but are not limited to: cookies (data files placed on a Device when it is used to visit the Platforms), mobile analytics software and pixel tags (transparent graphic image, sometimes called a web beacon or tracking beacon, placed on a web page or in an email, which indicates that a page or email has been viewed). Cookies may also be used to associate you with social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter and, if you so choose, enable interaction between your activities on the Platforms and your activities on such social networking sites. We, or our vendors, may place cookies or similar files on your Device for security purposes, to facilitate site navigation and to personalize your experience while visiting our Platforms (such as allowing us to select which ads or offers are most likely to appeal to you, based on your interests, preferences, location, or demographic information). A pixel tag may tell your browser to get content from another server. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your Device until you delete them). The types, use, and duration of the cookies used are as follows:
|Type of Cookies||Purpose of Use||Duration|
|Session Cookies||Session cookies ensure that you are recognized when you move from page to page within the Platforms and that any information you have entered is remembered. For example, session cookies ensure that items placed in a shopping basket don't disappear by the time you reach the checkout. You can choose to accept session cookies by changing the settings in your browser||Session Cookies expire once you close your web browser|
Persistent Cookies include:
Language Recall Cookie
Login (Remember Me) Cookie
Persistent cookies help the Platforms remember your information and settings when you visit them in the future. This results in faster and more convenient access.
Features of the Platforms made possible by persistent Cookies include: authentication, language selection, theme selection, menu preferences, internal site bookmarks or favorites, among others. Cookies may enhance your online experience by saving your preferences while you are visiting a particular site.
Persistent cookies also allow us to select which of our advertisements or offers are most likely to appeal to you and display them while you are using the Platforms.
When a visitor logs in to the Platforms and checks the "Remember Me" box on the login page, we use a login cookie to remember a visitor's login information between sessions, which can be erased by logging out.
A language preference cookie is created when the user selects a language and allows our Platforms to display content to you in that language automatically in the future. This cookie is reset if the user signs in and asks for a different language.
|5 years, unless deleted by the user.|
2. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECTWe use the information we collect about and from you to your questions and requests; provide you with access to certain areas and features of the Platforms such as your favorite stations, your musical preferences, songs you have listened to, shared playlists and your interaction with other users; verify your identity; communicate with you about your account and activities on the Platforms and, in our discretion, changes to any iHeartMedia policy; tailor content, advertisements, and offers we serve you; improve the Platforms; comply with license obligations; and for purposes disclosed at the time you provide your Personal Information or otherwise with your consent. We collect your location based information for the purpose of providing you with radio stations in your area.
4. INFORMATION WE RECEIVE FROM THIRD PARTIESWe may receive information about you from third parties. For example, if you are on another website and you opt-in to receive information from iHeartMedia, that website will submit to us your email address and other information about you so that we may contact you as requested. You may also choose to participate in a third party application or feature (such as one of our Facebook or Twitter applications or a similar application or feature on a third party website) through which you allow us to collect (or the third party to share) information about you, including Usage Information and Personal Information such as lists of your friends, "likes", comments you have shared, groups and location. Services like Facebook Connect give you the option to post information about your activities on our Platform to your profile page to share with others within your network. In addition, we may receive information about you if other users of a third party website give us access to their profiles and you are one of their "connections" or information about you is otherwise accessible through your "connections'" web page, profile page, or similar page on a social networking or other third party website or interactive service. We may supplement the information we collect about you through the Platforms with such information from third parties in order to enhance our ability to serve you, to tailor our content to you and/or to offer you opportunities to purchase products or services that we believe may be of interest to you.
5. YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS, CHOICE AND ACCESS.You may always direct us not to share your Personal Information with third parties, not to use your Personal Information to provide you with information or offers, or not to send you newsletters, emails or other communications by: (i) modifying your registered user information on the Platforms; (ii) sending us an email at email@example.com; (iii) contacting us by mail at iHeartMedia, Inc., 200 E. Basse Road, San Antonio, TX 78209; or (iv) following the removal instructions in the communication that you receive. Your opt-out request will be processed within 30 days of the date on which we receive it.If you wish to modify, verify, correct, or delete any of your Personal Information collected through the Platforms, you may edit your registered user information or contact us at the above address or email. In accordance with our routine record keeping, we may delete certain records that contain Personal Information you have submitted through the Platforms. We are under no obligation to store such Personal Information indefinitely and disclaim any liability arising out of, or related to, the destruction of such Personal Information. It may not always possible to completely remove or delete all of your information from our databases without some residual data because of backups and other reasons. We will retain your information (including geo-location data) for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. We do not control certain privacy settings and preferences maintained by our social media partners like Facebook and Twitter. If you wish to make changes to those settings and preferences, you may do so by visiting the settings page of the appropriate social media site. You are entitled, free of charge, once every calendar year, to request information about which data about you that is processed, where this data has been collected, the purpose of the processing, and to which recipients or categories of recipients the data is disclosed. Such application shall be made in writing, be signed by you and sent by post to the contact address at the end of this policy. You are also entitled to any other right granted according to article 7 of the Italian Data Protection Code.
7. CHILDREN.The Platforms are not directed to children under 14. We do not knowingly collect, use or disclose personally identifiable information from anyone under 14 years of age. If we determine upon collection that a user is under this age, we will not use or maintain his/her Personal Information without the parent/guardian's consent. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected personally identifiable information from a child under the age of 14, we will make reasonable efforts to delete such information from our records.
8. SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION.We take information security seriously and use certain reasonable security measures to help protect your Personal Information. However, no electronic data transmission or storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please note that we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you use the Platforms and provide us with your information at your own risk.
9. OTHER SITES.The Platforms may contain links to other sites that we do not own or operate. This includes links from advertisers, sponsors and/or partners that may use our logo(s) as part of a co-branding or co-marketing agreement. We do not control, recommend or endorse and are not responsible for these sites or their content, products, services or privacy policies or practices. These other sites may send their own cookies to your Device, they may independently collect data or solicit Personal Information and may or may not have their own published privacy policies. You should also independently assess the authenticity of any site which appears or claims that it is one of our Platforms (including those linked to through an email or social networking page). The Platforms may make available chat rooms, forums, message boards, and news groups. Remember that any information that you disclose in these areas becomes public information and is not subject to the provisions of this Privacy & Cookie Notice.
10. CONSENT TO PROCESSING AND TRANSFER OF INFORMATION.The Platforms are operated in the United States. Given that we are an international business, our use of your information necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. If you are located in the European Union, Canada or elsewhere outside of the United States, please be aware that information we collect may be transferred to and processed in the United States. You consent to the collection, processing, maintenance and transfer of such information in and to the United States and other applicable territories in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as or equivalent to those in the country where you reside and/or are a citizen.
11. CHANGES.We may update this Privacy & Cookie Notice to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make any material changes we will notify you by email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on our Platforms prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
12. CONTACT US.If you have any questions or concerns about this Privacy & Cookie Notice, the practices of the Platforms, or your experiences with the Platforms, or want to see the list of data processors processing your personal data on our behalf, please contact us at:
Attn: Privacy Questions
iHeartMedia Management Services, Inc
200 E. Basse Road
San Antonio, TX 78209, USA
Re: iHeartMedia Privacy & Cookie Notice